Its been one year since I started working with the Blue Brain Project team. Dr. Felix Schürmann, the Project Manager of the Blue Brain Project, informed me last week that the project is officially entering its next phase very soon, which has got me pretty excited.
Meanwhile, here's what the rest of the world of Brains (aka. neuroscience) has been up to recently:
- Neuroscientist can see your dirty thoughts.
- Our brains are hard-wired to appreciate the golden ratio.
- Neuroscientists can turn parts of your brain off and scramble it!
- Your initials affect your intelligence?!
- Neuroscientists create pretty Rat 'Brainbow'.
- If you can't afford the IBM BlueGene, there's Blue Jean to model a brain.
- Your hat size is directly proportional to your intelligence, or vice versa.
- Your brain cells are movers and shakers.
- They're mapping the neural connections.
- The Blue Brain Project Produces Pretty Pictures.
- More pretty pictures.
- Measure your musical abilities (Fun test).
- We try to counterbalance thoughts of death.
PS. On the number of 'n's in the post title (18), I became curious how people actually spelled brai(n)+s, and spent the next 5 minutes charting out the Google hits. Here are the results: